Open every day: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Photo courtesy of Jessica Stevens
Photo courtesy of Brian Christiansen
Founded in 1868, the Ferndale Cemetery is a 501(c)3
nonprofit association managed by a nine-member
board of directors.
The cemetery is located on Ocean Avenue, two blocks east of Main Street. By The Old Steeple, Ferndale’s former Methodist Church, is gate to the acclaimed hillside Historic Section. Continuing east on Ocean (which becomes Bluff Street) a few hundred feet is the gate to the Valley View Section, a pastoral setting that faces the farmlands of the eastern Eel River Valley and is bordered by the redwood forest of Russ Park.
Both sections are open to the public to visit and both have burial spaces available to purchase.